Subject: PhpCart - Secured.com Requirements - Authorize.net Setup withing PhpCart - Design and Discount Limitations - Email Attachment Workarounds
The following message was sent by our staff regarding the above subject:
You pose very good questions. Please see below each question for individual responses:
1. Authorize.net allows merchants to host their payment page on the Authorize.net secure server, allowing them to avoid the cost of purchasing an SSL certificate. Can phpCart accommodate this, or do we still need our own or a shared SSL certificate?
PhpCart requires Secured.com SSL in order to operate correctly (it is also cheaper than Authorize.net)
2. If we still need an SSL certificate, will a purchaser get a warning notice that the certificate does not match the site if we use a shared certificate?
Customers will not see a warning notice as all of our certificates are up to date at Secured.com.
3. In reviewing your knowledge base, I see that one can customize the product pages to have the same look as the rest of the site, provided you do not use a database. I don't understand this response. How do I know whether I can run the shopping cart without a database? (I run a summer camp and kids will be signing up for various sessions-this is not a store selling a large number of parts)
Actually, you can customize all of the pages if you like, although it is a little more challenging with the database-driven cart manager (edit 'cart.htm' in the store/templates/ directory and/or 'cart.php' in the store directory). The best way to determine how you want to organize and manage your store is by determining how many products you have. If you have less than 5-10, then you may want to set it up manually. If you have more, then the Shopping Cart Manager will probably be the best way to go.
4. Can the phpCart calculate discounts based on the quantity of items purchased versus the dollar amount of the purchase?
PhpCart calculates discounts based on dollar amounts only.
5. Can the phpCart accommodate an attachment being sent with the confirming email to the purchaser? (We want additional information and forms to go to the purchaser with the confirming email.)
Attachments in confirmation emails are not supported. However, an easy way around this is to upload the file and create a link to it in your confirmation email (you can edit the email in the Secured.com SSL folder - filename =order.php3')
6. Is there anything more complicated to setting up a gateway with Authorize.net than providing the ID and password during the automatic set up? If so, what does it entail?
There is nothing more complicated than entering your Authorize,net gateway login information to set it up (it's ridiculously easy!).
7. Is there any third party or more comprehensive source of information on the phpCart, or is there only your site at www.phpcart.com?
As far as we know, we are the only ones who provide information about PhpCart (of course, you are always welcome to start your own forum if you like). :)
Please feel free to contact us again if you have any other questions or issues. Thank you for contacting us.
P.S. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please tell us how we are doing by submitting your testimonial at http://www.webmasters.com/testimonial.php?e=04